The FAN EXPO Vancouver™ team is getting ready for another record breaking year and want your help!
Whether you have been coming to the show for years or volunteered previously – perhaps you are new to the show or are just a fan of Comics, Sci-Fi, Horror, Anime and/or Gaming. Regardless, we want to hear from you.
WHAT REWARDS DO I GET?
Our amazing volunteers are the heart of our show. Along with accidentally photo bombing Darth Vader, volunteers will receive:
• A glimpse of the behind-the-scenes workings of FAN EXPO Vancouver™ while volunteering
at the show.
• When off duty, you‘ll have full access to FAN EXPO Vancouver™ exhibits. You can attend
panels, participate in games, go to Q&A’s, and purchase photo/autograph sessions.
• A discount on FAN EXPO Vancouver™ Merchandise.
• Snacks and refreshments during shifts.
• Invaluable volunteer hours and work experience that you’ll never forget.
• A chance to be part of the comicon community while having fun.
• And last but not least, a commemorative tshirt.
HOW DO I VOLUNTEER?
• You must be a Canadian Citizen.
• You must be at least 16 years of age or older.
• You must be available for an interview as well as any orientation meetings that follow your
acceptance as a volunteer(approximately 2-3).
• You must be available to work a shift each day of the show.
HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE TO GIVE?
• A minimum of 4-5 hours each day is requested.
• Volunteers are free to participate in the activities of the Expo before & after their scheduled
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
• Volunteers are asked to dress casually and appropriately. No ripped jeans, short shorts or
skirts, offensive shirts, etc.
• To be courteous to co-workers and patrons, volunteers will practice clean personal hygiene.
• Please avoid using excessive amounts of perfumes, colognes and/or hairsprays that may
cause a problem for allergy sufferers.
• Volunteers are welcome to come in costume as long as the costumes do not cause any
limitations to their abilities to perform their duties.
• Costumes must follow the rules set out for the Masquerade.